Saejowi believes that students should be given the opportunity to focus on their studies rather than on supporting themselves through constant jobs. This is the aim of our Saejowi scholarships.
○ Application Deadline: March 9 to March 20, 2020
○ Selected Recipients: 10 North Korean Students (Undergraduate or Graduate)
○ Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a four-year university
- Receiving basic government income (기초생활수급)
- Students from families with special needs, such as single-parent households, self-supporting students, disabled students, etc.
- Currently attending a university in South Korea, with an average grade of at least 3.0/4.5, according to each college's respective grading system (if a perfect score is 4.3, at least 2.8/4.3)
○ Required Application Documents
- Academic Plans
- Privacy Consent (for use by Saejowi and Fruit of Love)
- Certificate of enrollment
- Certificate of current GPA
- Certificate of being from a special needs family
- Copy of your bank account
※ Application forms can be downloaded on Saejowi's Korean website (see 공지사항 board). If you have trouble finding the forms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
※ Please return the application materials in PDF form rather than in photographs or picture file format; such applications will not be considered.
○ How to Apply : Fill out the required documents, scan, and send as PDF to email@example.com. If you have questions, please call the Saejowi office.
○ Nota bene :
※ Your national identification numbers will not be disclosed on any of your applications.
※ If your application does not follow the above guidelines, it may be disqualified on further review.
○ Scholarship Amount : 100만원 / 1000000 KRW (One-time Scholarship, to be given during May)
○ Scholarship By : Saejowi Initiative for National Integration
○ Supported By : Community Chest of Korea
○ Call the Saejowi Office for questions : 02)747-2944 /2945